Upside Down


Life has finally slowed down enough to allow time to sit, process and put pen to paper the emotions that have been swirling in my head (sometimes leaking down my face). Life as I’ve known it for the last while is inside out and upside down, like the legs have been kicked out from under me, like a person sitting on the seat above a dunk tank and the seat has just given way plunging you into the ice cold water. On the one hand there is so much eager anticipation of all the new adventures about to be reality, on the other hand a whole heap of unknown and worst case scenarios run through my mind. How easy in these moments it is to forget the faithfulness of God. From eternity past to eternity future, there has never been a time when he hasn’t been faithful. It’s in these moments of feeling like I’m floundering in the dark that God shines so bright in the darkness drawing me back into the truth of who He is and who He always will be. I can thrive in this upside down because I know He who is faithful has called me into this, because he who is faithful walks beside me. As one missionary put it so aptly, “I belong to the Lord, I am His responsibility.” Oh the peace of letting go and simply walking by faith in complete confidence that my God will supply all my needs (Phil 4:19), he hems me in behind and before and lays his hand upon me (Ps 139:5). I can be still and know that he is God (Ps 46:10). Life inside out and upside down can be down right scary, but it can also be the best thing ever. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wise Master Builders

For the Sake of the Gospel